The Gujarat Titans defeated the Sunrisers Hyderabad by 34 runs in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match on May 15, 2023. With this win, the Titans became the first team to qualify for the playoffs of the IPL 2023.
Mohammed Shami was the star of the match for the Titans. He took four wickets for 20 runs in his four overs, and he was instrumental in restricting the Sunrisers to a total of 154 for 9. Shubman Gill was the top scorer for the Titans with 101 runs off 58 balls, while Sai Sudharsan scored 47 runs off 36 balls.
For the Sunrisers, Heinrich Klaasen was the top scorer with 64 runs off 44 balls. However, no other batsman could contribute significantly, and the Sunrisers were bowled out in 20 overs.
The win was a big boost for the Titans, who are now looking to finish the league stage on a high. They will next play the Kolkata Knight Riders on May 18.
Here are some additional details about the match:
- The match was played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- The toss was won by the Sunrisers, who elected to field first.
- The Titans scored 188 for 9 in their 20 overs.
- The Sunrisers were bowled out for 154 in 20 overs.
- Mohammed Shami was the Man of the Match for his four-wicket haul.
The Titans are now the clear favorites to win the IPL 2023. They have a strong batting line-up and a bowling attack that is capable of taking wickets on any surface. They will be looking to continue their winning streak and book their place in the final.